For More Information
Below are a few thought provoking questions for a valuable candidate, looking into a new job application. You must know exactly why and where you are going, before you decide exactly what you want to do – Your ultimate goal, is to “love what you do.”
- Is your CV ready and accurate? Can we help you sort it out?
- Are your references aware of a probable check?
- Who are you? Tell me about yourself in one sentence
- Why are you leaving your current employer?
- Have you written down all the positives and negatives of your current position? The grass is not always greener
- Have you talked about your concerns or problems with your current “boss”?
- Is there any way to resolve issues that are unsettling you?
- Why do you want to work for a new company?
- What can you bring to the company?
- Why should you be hired?
- What do you know about the company in question?
- What is your ideal position?
- Where do you see yourself in 1, 3 and 5 years?
- What industry sector do you want to work in?
- What are your career goals?
- Why did you choose this field/career path?
- Can you tell me about your role in your current company?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your achievements?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Tell me about a time where you worked in a team. Were you a leader/coordinator/etc.?
- Tell me about a time where you faced a challenge. What was your reaction? How did you solve it?
- What are your views on change?
- What don’t you like about a boss?
- What management style do you like?
- Are you time or task orientated?
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
- What motivates you?
- What is your view on ethics?
- What was your biggest failure?
- What did you learn from it?
- What was your biggest mistake? How did you fix it?
- Are you willing to relocate/travel?
- Would you be prepared to study further?
- How far are you prepared to work from home? What is your current situation? Traffic?
- What are your expected working hours? Were they good or bad previously?
- What is your expected annual leave? What are you on versus what can you get or settle for?
- Are employee benefits important to you? What are you leaving behind?
- Do you have any hobbies/ interests?
- What are your computer skills/technical skills?
- How did you hear about this position?
- What are your salary requirements?
- Is there anything I should know when doing background checks?
- What are your personal abilities?
- Questions? Write down a list and be properly prepared for your interview. You may have only one shot – make it count!
Remember that you will typically spend more time every day at work, than you do with your family. The time spent looking into these questions thoroughly, will certainly help you in your search for the right job, in whatever industry sector you choose – this will ultimately bring you deserved happiness and job satisfaction. At Meerkat Recruitment we prefer to meet our candidates face to face or over a Skype interview, so that we know who we are dealing with. We sincerely hope that we can make a difference to your life, through helping you in finding the right job or career path.